Sunday, April 13, 2014

To Lopez Island

I figured I better break this post up into multiple, otherwise it will be way to overwhelming. However, most of our activities included hiking to beaches and playing in the water, so this post and the next 5 or so may all look the same. Skip if you want. Or enjoy all the photos and be jealous that your parents don't live on an island in the Pacific Northwest like mine do.

We started our trip caravaning with my parents from our place to Ellensburg, Washington. That is as far as we got the first day. 12 hours of driving. I couldn't go any further anyway. (Did I mention Derek couldn't come on this trip, so it was myself and 4 little ones in the minivan the whole time.) On day two we drove 3 hour to the town of Anacortes, Washington where we caught the ferry. Almost the entire drive, both days, were accompanied with heavy rain storms, wind, and one major snow storm. It was very scary. So we were glad to get onto the island.  Here are photos of the ferry from Anacortes to Lopez. (My kids and I decided if we ever move anywhere, we are moving to Anacortes.)








1 comment:

  1. you are brave and amazing! i survived 1 single day trip yesterday driving alone in the car with only 3 kids. i felt like a hero for making it, now, seeing that you travelled so far and for so long with 4...wow!

    ReplyDelete