Monday, April 14, 2014

Goodbye Lopez

We left the island Monday morning. It was strange that Monday actually came. For so long I kept thinking, wow, this is a really long vacation! And then all the sudden it was time to go. We actually cut our vacation short by two days for various reasons including a Thursday surprise party for my father-in-law involving all the family, a patch a really great weather to drive through (remember the horrible life threatening weather I drove up in!), and if we left early we could arrive home on Derek's birthday (actually his birthday was Tuesday and I miscalculated, but we started driving home on his birthday, so that maybe counts for something). 

So... back to Monday. We actually only drove maybe 2 hours that day. We ended up in Mukilteo to visit my sister and her two boys and stay there for the night. (subject for another post, of course.) So these are photos of saying goodbye to the Steinheiser's on Sunday night, when they left for the mainland, and Monday morning getting on and being on the ferry back to Anacortes.




They're playing Wild Kratts

Waiting for the ferry



There is the little hut at the end of Spencer's Spit. Now I can say, "I've been there"

Hyak is a tiny town just on the east side of Snowqualmie ski resorts. I've been there too - ok, I drove through it a couple of times. Hyak was also the name of our ferry.






Even getting to the ferry dock 40 minutes early, we still barely made it on. I think there were 10 cars behind us.

Mt Baker. Mt Rainier is still my first love, but Baker is going to have to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment