Friday, May 27, 2011

The letter K

Crown, King, and Queen all start with K in German. This was a perfect opportunity. And it went along well with our "Horse" and "Yellow" theme too. You know, the whole knight in shining armor deal. We colored and glittered our crowns, and I finally talked Joshua into letting me get rid of his Hase Hut (from Easter and the letter H) so we would have a spot for his crown. However, he wasn't quite ready to part with his Hammerhai Hut (Hammerhead Shark hat) from January! Here are the crowns.



And we made letters out of play dough (OK, I made letters out of play dough) but the kids were good to guess which letter I was making. We reviewed our letters and then focused more on K. Thank heavens there are many more K words in German than J. However, just for future reference, next year I should include Jack and Jill when we hit J. That would be fun.  I did photo all of our play dough letters and I think I'll make cards out of them and come up with some sort of game - Memory but with a twist or something.

And our K snack? Kiwi.

No comments:

Post a Comment