Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Swiss National Day

Growing up I knew I was Norwegian. In fact, I was pretty sure I was just Norwegian and that was all that mattered.  Well, I dropped the ball on Norwegian Constitution Day (May 17th) so my kids missed all the Norwegian celebrations. But it is impossible to miss Swiss National Day (August 1st) because of all the Swiss in our midst. If I don't come up with something pretty good for Norwegian Constitution Day next year, my kids might think they are only Swiss, which is pretty good too (although not Norwegian :).*
Swiss Crafts
Swiss Cookies  - not attractive but very tasty!

A little Swiss history

A little Swiss Humor/Fun/Adventure
A Swiss table...
...with a Swiss table setting...

...for a very Swiss dinner (Raclette!)

A real living Swiss taking a photo of said Swiss dinner.  In attendance we had 5 real Swiss, 1 real German, 3 half Swiss, 4 quarter Swiss, and 3 others - I was an other :(
A Swiss miss requesting a Swiss chocolate

A Swiss miss enjoying her Swiss chocolate

2 half Swiss make 1 whole, right?
The fireworks


Festive Swiss colored - although in no way traditional - clothing. I didn't get a chance to get their photo yesterday on the holiday so I made them wear the same clothes again today.



And a little bit of Swiss Bliss

*My kids are 1/4 Swiss and 1/8 Norwegian, which doesn't actually sound like a lot, but considering I can still calculate those percentages without getting a headache, that's pretty good. We've also got German, Irish, and Welsh in the background but I'm not going to try and figure those percentages out today... or probably ever. As long as we know they're there, that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary!!! I laughed my head off catching up with your blog- the vacation after the vacation but all worth it? I totally follow you there. Oh, and the screaming kids and Boise temple. Was there too. Literally. Stopped there for lunch because we would have all perished had we kept going! haha!

    You are one amazing mom! Way to be :)

    ReplyDelete