Monday, July 25, 2011

Pioneer Day(s): Day 3 - The Grand Parade

Nathan and his family set a blanket up for us on the parade route, and we got there just in time for the actual parade to start, but missed Derek's favorite part - all the military vehicles and the old cannon. He would have missed it anyway. International Companies - even those based in Utah - don't take Pioneer Day off. Here are some of our favorite floats/things in the parade.







Why do I put pictures of myself like that on the internet? We were in a hurry to leave this morning, and apparently in my haste I forgot to get ready. Or lose 10 lbs. That's probably a more likely story. I promise I look (a little) better in person.



I really  liked the marching bands and a lot of the other floats too. I didn't get a photo of the Sonic Roller skaters. They were doing tricks and dancing. We got a kick out of that. And then they had these jeeps with some weird flex suspension something that could drive onto each other. I just can't explain it, but it was also awesome. (Last year I took so many photos and ended up deleting a bunch, so this year I thought I would be smart and only photograph a few things, which turned out to be too few apparently. Next year, maybe, I get it just right.)

Happy Pioneer Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment