Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Freedom Festival Carillon Concert

Provo City puts on a big celebration for the Fourth of July. And it starts way before July and ends around Veteran's day or something. There are things like essay contests and baby contests, and parades, a colonial reenactment fair (which is really cool and the biggest reenactment this side of the Mississippi!) a race, the Stadium of Fire show at BYU and a bunch of other stuff. This year we went to the Carillon Concert at BYU. We showed up at about ten to 7:00 with some blankets and a pizza and while the kids played in the waterfall, I listened to the music and had a great time. I actually listened to the music while keeping an eye on all the kids running around while standing and trying to rock the baby to sleep. It was really fun. I think I would like to do this every year. The atmosphere was so pleasant. The weather was nice, the music was fun, there were children everywhere playing and families and sweet elderly couples telling me how cute my baby was (I never get tired of that, he he) and it was kind of fun just to be up and outside in the evening past 7:00, which is usually when my poor kids go to bed. We didn't get home tonight until about 9:00 or so but it was nice to not be rushed and just enjoy a fun time together. A Carillon, by the way, is a big bell tower.  Here is the link to the event: http://www.freedomfestival.org/events/carrillon-concert/










No comments:

Post a Comment