Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pre and Post Halloween

I realized I never mentioned that we painted pumpkins as well (I guess I was too excited about the actual carving. I think that is my favorite part of Halloween.) I don't even have any photos of the finished pumpkins, but here are a couple of the kids working on them. The finished works of art are still outside the front door, but the jack-o-lanterns have been tossed into the garden already. The poor jack-o-lanterns. Their time in the spotlight was so short.



And then of course, the post Halloween sorting of the candy. I learned that sorting candy is a good math exercise and it was actually Joshua's idea to sort in the first place so he had Abigail and Lukas sort their candy as well. Since Joshua did it at kindergarten last year, I think he thinks it's just what you do. And he's right. But he doesn't know yet that after you've sorted your candy you are supposed to trade with your siblings. I am not willing to teach them this tradition because I have a feeling one very little boy would get cheated out of a lot of his candy if I did.







No comments:

Post a Comment