Friday, July 12, 2013

The Birthday Party

I had meant a few times before to throw a real friend birthday party for one of my kids, but things never really ever seemed to work out. Except this time. Even though we had just gotten back from vacation a couple of days earlier I had told Joshua we could have a friend party for him. We had a plan for exactly what we wanted to do, but then 3 weeks before one of Joshua's friends did the exact same thing we had planned - down to the party favors - for his party. So we modified our plan. We went with water balloons. 600 of them to be exact. 300 blue and 300 yellow. Joshua's friends came over and they played inside for awhile, then we had cake and milkshakes - the kids got to choose the candy they wanted and then I used our super duper blender to blend the candy with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup for some really yummy shakes. And then we had the biggest water balloon fight of my entire life. Joshua had invited the older neighbor boy he used to walk home from school with - he's going into 5th grade I think - so he and I were on one team and all the rest of the kids were on the other team. It was so much fun. then all the kids just played in the water for about an hour until they were worn out and then came back inside to play until it was time to come home. It took me almost 3 hours to fill up all those darn water balloons! And even though I don't think I will do that ever again (I still haven't cleaned up all the broken balloon pieces in the backyard) it was a lot of fun and I've gotten some positive feedback. I didn't get any photos of the balloon fight because I was being attacked and I was busy defending myself.














No comments:

Post a Comment