Saturday, July 7, 2012

Art City Days Balloon Festival

We did this last year and it was tons of fun. The kids were really excited to do it again this year. This time, though, we invited some friends and so we got to experience the balloons with Ruth and her three boys. The festival was early June. Sorry for the last post. It's been a very busy month.

 This year they served the donuts and "orange juice" drink right away instead of waiting after all the balloons had left. This was a fantastic idea as we didn't have to wait 15 minutes in line. But those who got there a little late missed out.
 I wasn't trying to get a picture of a police man with a donut, and I don't have any negative law enforcement sentiments, but I do think it's kind of funny. (I also didn't actually post this picture to laugh at the stereotypical police man. I like when the balloons are all filling up.)


 This is maybe my favorite photo of this year's festival.
 
Also, this year I signed the kids and I up to ride in a tethered hot air balloon.  The wait was really really long (even though we were really near the front of the line) and the ride was really really short, but at least now Abigail, Joshua, and I can say we've ridden in a hot air balloon. My friend watched Lukas and took pictures and then I watched her baby as she and her two older boys went up. I promise I'll email you the photos soon, Ruth. Like I said, it's been a busy month.
 Abigail wouldn't touch the balloon but Joshua braved it. Barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment